Monday, November 21, 2011

Sunday in Central Mumbai

Office closed. Much less crowd and its almost peaceful when there are minimal honking.

This is a good opportunity to be mesmerized by the old buildings preserved.... :)

I had my first taste of bombay duck and tandoori fish (tandoori rawas) at this restaurant - Apoorva.
Its definitely tasty.

Bombay duck or bombil - the flesh of the fish is soft and almost translucent.
It melts in my mouth once I have got though the crispy outer layer.
Soft bones will not harm your throat.
Dash some lime juice and add some mint paste!! That soft tangy and fresh taste.... I am in heaven!!

I had tandoori chicken before but not tandoori fish.
Fish meat still in place even after they grill it.
Soft crisp on the outer layer and when you get to the meat, surprise!!!!
Its not even overcooked with all the grilling.

Must have it again!

P/s: Okay.... so somebody bugging me to post this when I am thinking of a good deacription of the food we had yesterday instead of just yummy, good and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I have your name?