Sunday, July 18, 2010

City of Joy...

I woke up in the middle of  the night 2 nights before to answer nature's call.
Having read Shantaram, i took a peek out the window to the road.
Indeed, there are people sleeping on the pavement by the road.
Some of them i recognize as the rickshaw people.

I could pick up traces of their humble place at night during the day time at some locations.
Yet, life goes on for them. Its a hard knock life for them.

The shops... is all so small n tiny.
Yet, they make full use of it to every inch of it.

Eating at traveler cafe is really expensive compared to normal local standard.
I end up having my meals by the friendly roadside stall.
Its so much more delicious.
The stall may look like a ramshackle shack but they maintain quite hygienic surrounding.
Even if its not, just close one eye!

Spits.. its everywhere. Its their culture.
With paan n what nots.. its just normal for them.
Just take it as a training of your reflexes. hahahaha

Stares.... neverending of them. Its still fine with me.
I stared back at them n smile.. :)

Metro (subway) - its only 4 - 8 Rupees depending on the zones that you traveled.

Woo hooo! Cheap cheap~!

Moving to Gaya tonight by train and then will continue by rickshaw to Bodhgaya.
Can't wait to experience the much connected Indian Railways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I have your name?